|Address:||1455 Wakendaw Road
Mount Pleasant, SC 29464
|Head of School:||Betsy Fanning|
|Admissions Contact:||Patty Held
|Mission Statement:||Through individualized, multi-sensory, and research-based teaching approaches, Trident Academy assists cognitively capable K-12 children diagnosed with learning disabilities to include dyslexia, dysgraphia, dyscalculia, ADHD, and Asperger-like attributes and prepares them academically and socially to transition and thrive in a conventional learning environment.
Trident Academy also uses its knowledge, leadership, resources, and experience to train teachers and educate both parents and the community.
|Governing Board:||Trident Academy Board of Trustees|
|Total Enrollment:||Approximately 100 students|
|Accredited:||SAIS – Southern Association of Independent Schools
SACS – Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
SCISA – South Carolina Independent Schools Association
AOGPE – Academy of Orton-Gillingham Practitioners and Educators (one of just 10 schools in the nation)
|Student Teacher Ratio:||4:1|
|Attributes:||• Specializes in students with learning differences to include those diagnosed with the following learning disabilities: dyslexia, dysgraphia, dyscalculia, central auditory processing disorder, non-verbal learning disabilities and ADHD/ADD
• Cutting edge multi-sensory teaching method that extends beyond language arts into math, science and social studies
• Language Enrichment And Development (LEAD) program that provides unique, individualized instruction for every student in every grade
• One of 10 schools in the nation accredited by the Academy of Orton-Gillingham Practitioners and Educators
• 98% of students who complete the Trident Academy program enter college
• 62% of teaching faculty hold advanced degrees with an average tenure of 10 years at Trident Academy
• Scholarship and financial aid are available with 20% of students benefittingAll students enrolled in Trident Academy are eligible to receive an ECENC grant of up to $10,000 toward tuition. To date, all families who have applied for the grants have received the full amount.
All students enrolled in Trident Academy are eligible to receive an ECENC grant of up to $10,000 toward tuition. To date, all families who have applied for the grants have received the full amount.